Schedule a Visit
Return to Content
Call us :
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: CLICK ON A QUESTION TO SHOW THE ANSWER - CLICK AGAIN TO HIDE IT
1. What will you do to prepare my apartment before I move in?
Appliance inspection, plumbing inspection, electrical inspection, painting, professionally cleaned, carpet clean
2.Do I have to be present for a service technician to perform work?
3. Do you have on-site maintenance?
4. An item in my unit needs repair. How do I get help?
Call the office, submit a work order online, email
5. What happens if I am locked out?
Go to the office during the business hours, after hours $50 emergency call.
1. Is parking available?
Yes, off street parking
2.What amenities does the property offer?
Location to westport, onsite office and maintenance, walking distance to KU Med.
3. During which time periods are the pools and decks available for use?
4. Is your community pet friendly?
5. What appliances are standard?
Refrigerator, stove, garbage disposal, microwave(in select units), dishwasher.
6. Do you offer furnished apartments?
1. How long does it take for an application to be approved?
24-48 hours depending on background clearance and correct documentation provided .
2. What are my options for paying my rent?
Pay online, pay in person check or money order, after hours drop slot.
3. Am I required to purchase renter's insurance?
No, but is highly recommended.
4. Which provider can I use for Internet and cable?
At&t Uverse or Google Fiber.
5. If my situation changes can I get out of my lease?
Yes there is 60 written notice required and a lease break option.
6. How do I set up my utilities?
Present your lease agreement to Board of Public utilities for electric, call Kansas Gas with new address.
7. Which utilities are included in my rent?
Trash and pest control.
1. Is there public transportation within close proximity of the buildings?
Yes- bus stop within two blocks
2. Which school district are you in?
Kansas City Public school district
1. How do I get to your community?
We are located two blocks off rainbow and 6 blocks south of KU Med Center off of 42nd street.
For Future Residents
1. How can I apply for an apartment?
In office, on line, we can email you an app. & you can scan back. Snail mail. :).
2. What if I’m not ready to apply? What other options are there?
Wait list. We can follow up closer to M/I date.
3. What do you look for in the application?
Income- M/I dates.
4. Is there any specific advice you can give to a first-time renter?
Read your lease. :).
5. How can I check availability for furnished apartments?
6. Does it cost anything to take a tour?
No- Just need a photo ID.
7. Do I have to make an appointment or do you accept walk-ins?
Walk in's are welcome.
8. Does this community offer a bonus if I was referred by one of my friends?
Yes, $100 per 12 mo. Lease for current resident.
9. Can I get a price reduction if I sign a longer lease or pay for rent a year in advance?
10. What is the renters’ insurance policy?
11. How accessible is the management at the local office?
Very= M-F 9-5 email.
12. Where specifically in the apartment community is the apartment located?
Building, floor, front/back.
13. What will you do to prepare my apartment before I move in?
Maintenance checklist, Paint, Clean, Carpet clean.
14. What is the condition of the unit?
15. What’s the noise level like?
16. What’s the parking situation?
Parking permits to park in off street lot.
17. Where are the washer and dryer/hookups?
No- We have onsite laundry facilities.
18.Where do residents shop?
Walmart, CVS, Aldi, Farmers Market.
19. Am I allowed to decorate the apartment without penalty?
As long as you return it to original state at move out.
20. How are maintenance issues handled?
24-48 hours unless parts need to be ordered.
21. Are there any monthly fees?
22. What are the policies about guests and listing on Airbnb?
Guests 5 days ok or considered an occupant. NO Airbnb.
23. Are pets allowed? If so, is there a fee?
Yes, $300 pet deposit 1/2 refundable pet rent is $20 for 1, $30 for 2.
24. Are there building quiet hours or fees for using communal spaces?
10:30pm- 7am are quit hours.
25. Which roommates will be held responsible if we don’t make rent?
All lease holders.
26. Are utilities included? If so, which ones?
None- shared/flat rate for water, sewer & trash.
27. What happens when there’s a maintenance problem in the apartment?
Call, email, Rent cafe tenant portal to submit work order.
28. What would it take to break the lease?
60 day notice. 1.5 monthly rent lease break fee.
29. How much will I pay in up-front costs when I sign the lease?
Sec. dep., rent, water, pet fees. (app./ Admin).
For Current Residents
1. What fees will I need to pay if I have to break my lease?
60 day notice 1.5 monthly rent lease break fee.
2.How do I pay my rent online?
Rent Café portal.
3. Does this community offer a referral bonus if I tell my friends?
Yes, $250 per 12 mo. Lease.
4. If I transfer from one apartment community to another, will my security deposit transfer to the new community or do I need to pay another security deposit to the new community?
5. Will I be allowed to sublet my apartment?
For full functionality of this site it is necessary to